The Blue Mountain Lodge, Alajuela
This marvelous Lodge is located on the edge of a vast wetland in the Northern Zone of Costa Rica, where the climate is tropical rainy, with an average precipitation of approximately 2015 mm per year and an average annual temperature of 26°C. It is surrounded by mighty rivers and extensive lagoons, home to caimans and fish such as the Gaspar (known as the living fossil). This area attracts over 400 species of resident and migratory birds, including the Red-capped Manakin (Ceratopipra mentalis), the impressive Jabiru Stork (Jabiru mycteria), and the Amazon Kingfisher (Chloroceryle amazona), all coexisting in this land of wildlife paradise alongside the friendly local people who value and care for their environment and biodiversity.
The Exclusive Lodge is unique in the area, with a land extension of over 41,000 m2 of forest, with private access to the wetland and tour operators operating on the rivers, lagoons, and trails throughout the Refuge.
The Lodge features 42 independent rooms with fine rustic finishes, where you will wake up to the delightful songs of birds, both in the dry and rainy seasons. During the day, you can observe many types of animals in the surroundings, and at sunset, you can listen to the calls of howler monkeys, frogs, insects, and birds that inhabit the area. The high-end restaurant, also unique in the area, offers an à la carte menu and all the comforts you need. The spacious pool, with its exquisite design and wet bar, is surrounded by beautiful gardens and lush trees that attract the local wildlife. Here, you are immersed in nature, witnessing the beautiful diversity in a serene and relaxed environment.
● Surrounded by the largest wetland with private access to its trails and lagoon.
● Sustainable Tourism Certification (CST) by reaching the level of 3 leaves
● Education support program for local children.
● The only one in the area with a luxury restaurant and pool.
● Operating tour operators.
● Three boats for group tours.
● 42 independent rooms, Standard and Superior, all with A/C, private bathroom, access to gardens and pool, coffee maker, minibar, desk with chair for remote work, and locally crafted lamps for lighting.
● Spacious pool with a wet bar and ramps for people with reduced mobility.
● Access and pathways to each room within the facilities suitable for people with reduced mobility.
5+ Car Garage
Costa Rica’s pristine beaches, beautiful nature and thriving local economy have driven many people to call Costa Rica their second home. The country has thrived in recent years and owning a home in Costa Rica is an affordable luxury. More than 20,000 U.S. expatriates already live in Costa Rica. The wide range of scenic landscapes and microclimates make Costa Rica a dream for people looking for a vacation home. Covering 51,000 scenic square kilometers, Costa Rica is a safe place to call home. There is a low incidence of violent crime. Outside the capital city thereisn’t much crime of any kind. It is a country with amazing people, a high standard of living, and an exciting blend of local and foreign cultures.