Oceanfront Luxury Villa
Mal Pais Mountain jungle lodge is a 225-acre jungle oasis in the mountains of Mal Pais, the most exclusive neighborhood in Costa Rica. The extensive land forms a contiguous stretch of forest with Cabo Blanco National Park, Costa Rica’s oldest nature reserve. Mal Pais Mountain jungle lodge is a lush mosaic of jungle, rolling hills, mountains, streams and hiking trails with many plateau views of the light sandy beaches of Mal Pais and Santa Teresa.
The beach is only 2 kilometers away downhill and many of Costa Rica’s finest surf breaks are within minutes. For people seeking a tranquil setting to decompress, Star Mountain offers a retreat where the only sounds you will hear are the grousing of howler monkeys and a symphony of birds.
At night, the strategically planted Ylang Ylang trees emit a perfumed scent that surrounds the compound. Animal Planet has sent several teams to shoot footage of the abundant wildlife and stunning topography.
The neighboring town to the north, Santa Teresa, is world-renown for great surf and magical beaches. A younger set of beautiful people surf and do yoga by day and party by night. For several years running, TripAdvisor has ranked the beaches of Santa Teresa as the best in all of Central and South America.
To the south, Mal Pais is bordered by Cabo Blanco National Reserve. In 1963 a Swedish couple donated the over 3,000-acre reserve to Costa Rica, creating the first national park in the country and establishing an eco-friendly tourist destination.
To the east lie the seaside hamlets of Cabuya and Montezuma. Cabuya provides the main entrance to Cabo Blanco and includes some beautiful beaches and interior surf breaks. Montezuma boasts spectacular waterfalls and maintains a more Bohemian vibe.
Star Mountain offers a rare combination of sheer size, elevation and pastureland, set within the context of the dry tropical rain forest. The highest elevations peak over 300 meters, overlooking the ocean as well as the dense jungle canopy of the valleys. Three rivers run within and along the property.
• Mal Pais Mountain jungle lodge has a total area of 88+ hectares. Five large 5-hectare lots are configured on the mountain with ocean-view plateaus cleared and ready for construction. These sites are ideal places to build several houses for a family compound.
• Infrastructure: The entire hotel compound is wired for electricity. There are 2 existing telephone lines, and a high-speed fiber optic internet connection with speeds up to 100MB/second. Water is drawn from springs and wells around the property.
• Roads are established throughout the property.
• Water Concession: On January 13, 2020, the Ministerio del Ambiente Y Energia (MINAE) granted two 10-year renewable concessions to Star Mountain. Numerous additional springs and well water sources provide some of the best water sources on the peninsula year- round.
• Hiking and riding trails are maintained throughout the property.
• Several existing structures on the property comprise 600 square meters of construction under roof. The main house has a 100 square meter area with 3 bedrooms. The “casita” is a smaller 1-bedroom house. There are also 4 large individual guest rooms each with ensuite bathroom.
• The lodge provides a communal gathering and dining area with a very large iron grill. The attached kitchen has an oversized walk-in refrigerator and a complete set of appliances. There is a separate bathroom structure to service the lodge area. A large 4 room bodega is composed of a: dry storage room, tool room, laundry room and extra bedroom and bathroom room for a caretaker.
• The horse tack area was built in 2010 to care for the 8 horses on the property. A 64 square meter yoga platform is set within a banana field.
• Large pool, Jacuzzi and cascading waterfall.
• Furnishings and Equipment are included.
Mal Pais Mountain jungle lodge is a universe unto itself with potential bounded only by the imagination of the architect.
ID de Propiedad: 6DPZ6F
Actividades al aire libre
Vista al mar
Las prestigiosas playas de Costa Rica, la hermosa naturaleza y la próspera economía local han llevado a muchas personas a llamar a Costa Rica su segunda casa. El país ha prosperado en los últimos años y tener una casa en Costa Rica es un lujo asequible. Más de 20.000 expatriados estadounidenses ya viven en Costa Rica. La amplia gama de paisajes escénicos y microclimas hacen de Costa Rica un sueño para las personas que buscan una casa de vacaciones. Cubriendo 51.000 kilómetros cuadrados escénicos, Costa Rica es un lugar seguro para llamar a su hogar. Hay una baja incidencia de delitos violentos. Fuera de la capital no hay mucho crimen de ningún tipo. Es un país con gente increíble, un alto nivel de vida, y una emocionante mezcla de culturas locales y extranjeras.